Author: Francois
July 29, 2012

Hi,

It’s Sunday and I am seeing on forums how most domainers still continue proposing direct sale deals for small transactions with all the risks…
So I have decided to explore a new route and offer the possibility to secure small domain sales at no charge!

No escrow fee at ECOP.com for sale transactions under $500.

Over the escrow fee cost is simple to remember: 1% of sale price.

If you think it’s a positive news then inform your peers the time of insecurity on small domain transactions is over.

10 Responses to “ECOP goes FREE!”

1. Uzoma says:

Yes, good Idea, or you may charge $1 for escrow under $500

2. jayjay says:

WOW! that’s a real generous thing to do and hoping that the domain investment community embrace this offer (guessing limited time) at large. :)

It’s just a pity I’ve been selling in the ‘other’ domain market places with their built in non-elective (and expensive escrow service) at 20% plus– yikes snapnames/moniker! they should give the seller/buyer the right of escrow choice but I guess that ain’t happening any time soon.

Kudo’s to you Francois, let’s hope you rattle the ‘other’ escrows cage with this offer! :p

3. Keith says:

I love the idea, and I need to read the details, and find a forum sale that qualifies, but thank you. Under $100 on the forums I’m fine as well normally the seller. That $100-$1000 on the forums is worrisome to me. I hope someone brings this up. It is surely something for us to consider and a kind offer from well known ecop.com

4. Wayne says:

This is officially a game-changer!
    It is this genuine and authentic respect for domaining that engenders renewed faith in the longevity of our industry. Additionally, the generosity of one iconic man makes it possible for the “little guys” to, once again, make a go of it.
    In these tumultuous days of new TLD’s, confusing UDRP decisions and anonymous individuals attempting to “game” the system and take advantage of others, this is a much-needed breath of fresh air.
    Thank you, Francois… for recognizing the challenges of our industry and doing something about it.

5. Carlos Martins says:

Yes, it is an wonderful idea and we at Domains International will embrace it for sure selling some domains though the ECOP web site. Most of the domains are parked on SEDO, DomainApps.com and Afternic but i think only cheapest domains have the chance to sell. Thanks Fran├žois.

6. Bona Vee says:

Just brilliant!

7. Privy Domains says:

Francois,

I am an avid user of ECOP & highly recommend it in any deal which i do
    You are doing a lot for this industry .
    We all should support such initiatives in any ways that we can.

8. Francois says:

Thanks for the support.

I did my part, now is up to you to use ECOP to protect you and/or help others spreading the news a free protection solution exists.

Internet is like the real world:
    There is mainly honnest people but also some dishonnest.

Now by experience most of the hassles will come from honnest people who simply decided at a moment to not act with class but only look at their interest and this will lead to situations where a sale will be broken, a name stollen or you will lost money.

Don’t trust anyone:
    You want my name? Then ECOP it!

If you don’t feel comfortable to suggest an escrow transaction to a friend for a small transaction, this is a good excuse:
    I prefer we make an ECOP transaction because I want to use that money (ECOP wallet) to pay another domain I want to buy.

9. Domain Name News: August 3 Week in Review says:

[...] [...]

10. Francois says:

Update: It’s now FREE for transactions up to $1,000 depending your Domaining.com membership.

You are more than welcome to comment this post:

Domaining.com  |  Valuate.com  |  CAX.com  |  ECOP.com  |  DOFO.com  |  DONA.com